- To provide a concise summary of Open Government Partnership (OGP) principles, ethics and standards for State Actors and non-state actors who have influence in governments of the target States
- To inform decision makers and bring them up to speed with OGP implementation at the subnational levels and influence them to make positive commitments towards OGP reform agenda
Description of assignment
This assignment is to the design and develop an audience-driven, research-based, concise, jargon-free policy briefs to serve as advocacy tool for engaging state actors, and other key individuals who can influence the uptake and/or implementation of the OGP in the Niger Delta. Specifically, the consultant will do the following:
- Design and develop an audience-driven, research-based concise and jargon free policy briefs document to the underlisted audiences (taking into account the different levels of uptake and implementation of OGP in each focal project state):
- The Governor of project focal states
- The legislators in project focal states
- State commissioners and other relevant appointees of government in project focal state
- Civil servants
- The CSO
- The academia
- Private sector/Business Member Organization (BMO)
- The Religious and traditional leaders
Scope of work
Each policy brief will cover OGP advocacy and information needs, detailing the OGP context, uptake and implementation trajectory, progress and gaps, and key policy asks for one of the six focal states – Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Imo and Rivers States. The briefs will be utilised as an advocacy tool for engaging with the governments of these states, especially during the transitional period. Each interested Consultant will indicate the state(s) of their interest.
The Consultant will commit to be available immediately and complete the assignment within 2 (two) calendar weeks from the time of signing a contract.
The Consultant will present the final output in form of:
- Draft copies of policy briefs
Application and submission guidelines
Interested Researchers (individual consultants) should submit an Expression of Interest that includes:
- A technical narrative (no longer than 2 pages) describing their understanding of the task described above and how they will accomplish it, including a two (2)-week work plan and samples or links to similar work done within the last three years, preferably related to Open Government or other governance themes.
- Their CVs (not more than 3 pages)
- Two references that can be contacted regarding the quality of their work / past performance
Interested consultants should submit an Expression of Interest to: [email protected] on or before Wednesday 31st May 2023. Only shortlisted applicant(s) will be contacted.